To Serve 4 People:
- 50g of Organic (if possible) Dessert/Pudding Rice
- 600mls or one pint of Raw (if you can get it)Whole Milk, or Coconut Milk (one tin) if you fancy it.
- 25g of Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 14g of Butter-optional.
- Ground Nutmeg-optional.
- Butter to grease the ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to: 170C / 325F / Gas Mark 3. If your oven is fan assisted adjust the temperature according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Grease a one litre or two pint oven proof dish. Pyrex dishes are ideal.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly under cool water and drain.
- Add the Rice, Sugar and Milk to the greased, ovenproof dish.
- Stir this mixture carefully, adding the knob of butter, if desired. Although this is not necessary, the butter will make the rice pudding taste more creamy.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding with nutmeg.
- Place the ovenproof dish and its contents in the centre of the oven.
- Stir the rice pudding mixture after 30 minutes. You may also want to turn the dish around, back to front, in the oven so that it cooks evenly.