Rosemary Polenta Chips
- 1/2 cup of polenta
- 2 cups of distilled water
- few sprigs of fresh rosemary (as used in the restaurant)
- handful of grated Parmesan cheese (I went with out but its up to you)
- salt if you need it
1. Bring the water to the boil and add the polenta. Keep it on a medium to high heat for 20 - 25 min.
2. Line a tray with greaseproof paper fill with polenta to a maximum of 1.5-2cm depth.
3. Wait for the polenta to cooled down it should be slightly rubbery and you can either cut or tear in to strips or chunks.
4.Toss the pieces around in more loose polenta powder.
5. Heat up a pot of olive oil. Check if it's ready by tossing in a polenta piece. If it starts bubbling straight away then put in all the pieces in and fry for 4-5min till they are crispy.
6. Just before you remove them toss in the rosemary.
7. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Then rain on paper towels. Toss on the Parmesan and lightly sprinkle with salt (not sea salt though).