At least she sort of understands the “once you pop, you can’t stop” effect of eating high carbohydrate, low fat chemical ridden foods which are making her eat more than she normally would (perfect for food industry profits).
A few facts from the program:
- Theirs a woman whose hooked on Special K and eats nothing but cereal… which even Kellogg’s admit is not healthy.
- Coca Cola having to pull adverts for misleading health claims on vitamin water.
- A woman that drinks 2L of Diet Coke each day even while pregnant.
- They also recommend that she should drink no more than 14 cans a day, which is the Food Standards Agency maximum recommendation for consumption of Aspartame.
- Dr. Katherine Appleton explains how eating calorie free drinks sends a message that energy has arrived (via chemicals) yet when nothing actually shows up, (remember you have consumed no actual energy) the body sends a message asking for more in a desperate search for the energy that it was expecting.
- Bloated, vague, lacking concentration, grumpy and a depressed immune system
- Shame about the poly-unsaturated fat recommendation that they give but in general they do get across the message that we NEED fat.
- E920 a commonly used flour (bread) treatment agent which is made from duck feathers or in china its made from human hair. Tasty.
- Weightwatchers.co.uk claim theirs no artificial ingredients in their foods, despite lots of industrially manufactured foods such as poly dextrose.
- She put on 3lbs through the experiment despite only eating low fat diet non foods.
- At the end she does the sensible thing and throws the microwave in a skip and vows to go back to eating actual food.