The stars of the show famously avoided carbs before going on holiday. Except they didn't, they were regulary seen consuming carbohydrate on the show.
Fabulous Magazine (yep its really called that), recently had an article on the TOWIE diet which listed the carbohydrate free diet that they possibly used.
The TOWIE cast kept to the diet which seems to oddest no carbs diet I've ever seen. I've highlighted Carbohydrate in red for those that are unsure.
(100 calories)Choose one each day
* 8 unsalted almonds.
* 10 strawberries with 1 pot fat-free Greek yoghurt.
* ½ a carton fresh vegetable soup.
* Bowl of salad with 50g prawns, 2tbsp reduced-fat Thousand Island dressing.
* 3tbsp reduced-fat houmous with 3 celery sticks.
* 1 peach and 1 apple.
* 4tbsp tzatziki, 1 carrot cut into sticks.
Choose one each day
* 1 chopped nectarine with 1 small pot low-fat natural yoghurt and 1tbsp nuts.
* 3 oatcakes topped with 45g low-fat soft cheese and 1 sliced tomato. Plus 1 small glass light cranberry juice.
* Fruit salad made from half a mango, a handful of grapes, 1 pear, 1 nectarine and 1 slice cantaloupe melon.
* Florentine omelette made from a spray of oil, 2 eggs, a handful of spinach and 20g grated reduced-fat cheese.
* Smoothie made from 1 banana, 10 strawberries, 1 pot fat-free fruit yoghurt, 10g oats and 90ml apple juice.
* 2 scrambled eggs with 5 grilled mushrooms and 1 grilled tomato. Plus 1 small glass orange juice.
* Florida breakfast consisting of 100g cottage cheese, half a ripe mango, 1 peach, a handful of raspberries and 1 small glass pink grapefruit juice.
Choose one each day
* Mozzarella, tomato and avocado salad made from 1 small avocado, half ball reduced-fat mozzarella cheese and 2 ripe tomatoes, with 1tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil.
* Niçoise salad with 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 tin tuna in spring water, steamed green beans, lettuce leaves, 1 tomato and 10 olives, drizzled with 2tsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
* Pepper and mushroom omelette made from a spray of oil, 2 eggs, half a red pepper and half a green pepper and a handful of mushrooms. Serve with salad leaves and fat-free dressing. Plus 1 pot fat-free fruit yoghurt and 1 nectarine.
* Half a carton fresh vegetable soup with 3 oatcakes topped with 45g low-fat soft cheese. Plus a couple of handfuls of raspberries.
* Chicken salad made from 1 grilled chicken breast, 30g raisins, 4 walnut halves, 1 apple and 1tsp light mayo.
* Bowl of lentil soup, 25g mixed nuts and raisins, plus 1 kiwi fruit and 1 apple.
* Salmon salad made from 1 small tin salmon, lettuce, 1 tomato, a 5cm chunk of cucumber, 4 spring onions and 3tbsp tzatziki.
Choose one each day
* Lamb burgers made from 100g lean lamb mince mixed with 1tsp mint sauce, then shaped into two burgers and grilled. Serve with salad and fat-free dressing, 1 steamed corn on the cob and 3tbsp tztaziki. Plus 1 kiwi fruit.
* 3 slices lean roast beef with unlimited steamed broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and 1 carrot roasted in 2tsp olive oil. Plus 1 bowl fruit salad and 1 pot low-fat natural yoghurt.
* Veggie chilli made from 1tsp oil, 1 onion, half a red pepper and half a green pepper, 1 courgette, handful of mushrooms, chilli powder, 1 small tin kidney beans, 1 small tin chopped tomatoes, 1tbsp tomato purée and enough veg stock to cover. Serve with 15g soured cream and 30g grated reduced-fat cheese. Plus 1 kiwi fruit.
* 1 grilled or baked salmon steak with 3tbsp garden peas and unlimited steamed green beans and carrots.
* Mediterranean veg made by roasting 1 small sweet potato, half a red pepper and half a green pepper, 1 courgette and 7 cherry tomatoes in 1tbsp olive oil and herbs, topped with 50g feta cheese.
* Surf and turf: grill 1 small lean rump steak, 6 king prawns, 5 mushrooms, 2 tomatoes and 1 small onion sliced into rings. Serve with salad leaves and fat-free dressing. Plus 1 orange.
* Stir-fry made from 1tsp sunflower oil, a little garlic and ginger, 100g lean pork, 1 small bag stir-fry veg, 30g cashew nuts and a dash reduced-salt soy sauce. Plus 1 peach.
The most worrying aspect is that it limits you to 1050 calories a day which may seem good given that