Metabolic typing is a system that has been developed and honed over the last 60 years to help identify your customised nutritional needs.
Many people take supplements to try to "balance" their diet, or decide that they like the idea of vegetarianism, or may have heard that a friend has done well on the Atkin's diet.
Well, the hard truth of the matter is that everyone's nutritional requirements differ and are dependent upon many factors from ancestry, to stress levels, to current state of health. Simply put, there is no "one-size-fits-all" for nutrition. Metabolic typing has been developed to help you identify your unique requirements for optimal health and performance.
CHEK AssessmentThe C.H.E.K. Assessment is a comprehensive screening assessment. A full musculoskeletal, postural and movement pattern analysis is carried out. Higher-level issues are also assessed (such as respiration, occlusion, vision, hearing and the function of the upper cervical spine) because they are known to limit the success of physical conditioning and pain management.
This assessment can last from 3 to 5 hours, split over two separate assessments if requested.
- Postural analysis
- Spinal measurement (using inclinometry)
- Muscle length-tension assessment
- Core stability evaluation
- Program design
- As for Level I, plus:
- Primal movement pattern analysis
- Gait analysis
- Functional stability assessment
- Advanced program design
- As for Level II, plus:
- Hierarchical reflex screening:
- TMJ (jaw joint)
- Vestibular (hearing/balance)
- Upper cervical (tilting reflex)
- Upper quarter (head/neck/shoulder) analysis
- Health Appraisal Questionnaire
- As for Level III plus:
- Mental-emotional-spiritual evaluation and program including:
- Assessment of belief systems
- Enhancing awareness of subtle systems of the body
- Motivational guidance
- Tools and techniques to allow you to address areas needing attention
- Integration of multiple medical system approaches:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ayurvedic medicine
- Greek medical system
- Western or natural medicine, including energy-based approaches
- Functional medicine (nutritional, scientific)